so its been a while since my last update….
In that time, lots has been happening in the garden… here is the run down:
I left the the plot to manage itself over the summer. This lead to no produce, but an abundance of weeds which upset the neighboring plot holders.\
My friend Souraya and I renovated the plot towards the end of may.
- dug out weeds
- turned the plot over
- spread about 10mm of pea straw mulch
- and planted peas/ snow peas next to the existing stakes
Planting out to early has also been an issue, claiming all my colored chard and spinach seedlings.
I Must Be Patient!
South Side VEG garden:
- cleared out
- dug in cow manure
- mulched with pea straw
- planted rows of Cabbage/ Cauli/ Broc alternating with Pak Choy and mixed lettuce
The back garden is also the home of the ‘self seeded’ pumpkin. This has crept all the way into the carpark but does not seem to set fruit. I’ve tried hand pollinating a few of the ladies… time will tell:
The west is currently supplying my snow peas. Every time i think it is time to pull them out, i get a new crop:-)
North Side (Front Fence):
Replaced the sunflowers with ‘sweet-peas’
hoping they look great soon 🙂
Fence (The garden that ‘God’ forgot}
- planted herbaceous Abutilon
- planted ‘Fox-Glove”seed in sth patch
Flats (Under window of #1, #2)
- Reclaimed a new garden – 7M X 1 M
- no dig philosophy… layered the following:
Masters was the cheapest for most of these supplies
ive had some really good feedback about the new garden….